After you exercise, take a few minutes to sit down . . .
Is a gym membership or home exercise equipment too pricey? . . .
Can anyone remember liking gym class during school years? No? Don’t let Michelle Obama hear you, because the first lady is pushing more PE and looking pretty good doing it. Mrs. O was exerciser-in-chief today in Chicago, on the second day of her two-day tour of three cities to kick off the third …
Lots of people are worn out and would love to have more energy. Luckily, there are options. If you are ready to get a boost of energy, stop feeling sluggish and not motivated, exercise is your answer. Adding exercise to your day can make a huge difference in the way you feel and the way you look. Read the following article for some great tips on how you can make exercise part of your daily routine.
The first thing you need to decide is when you are going to workout. Plan your workout for a time that is going to work for you. Do not plan to do it after work if you know that you will work late often. It is important to choose a time that will work for you so you are sure to get your exercise in each day. Once you choose a time, write it down on your calendar, just as you would any other important daily event.
Next, you need to start to develop a workout plan. There are two types of exercise and you need to include both of these in your plan. You need to include cardiovascular exercises; these are exercises that get your heart rate up and keep it there. There are several cardio options; pick what motivates you. You can walk or run, use equipment such as a treadmill or eliptical machine, or take an aerobic class. The other aspect of your workout plan needs to be strength training. This involves getting your muscles stronger. There are also many different things you can do for strength training. You can do body weight exercises, like sit-ups, push-ups or lunges. Another choice is dumbbells or other equipment or machines. These two elements make a great workout plan.
To keep you motivated and accountable, keep a workout journal. You can record anything you like in this journal. Some suggestions would be to record your starting weight and measurements. You can also record the exercises you do, when you do them and how they make you feel. A workout journal is a great way to look back and see what is working and what you need to alter.
Once you start getting bored, or your workout becomes too easy, it is time to switch it up. You can add new exercises, replace old exercises, workout longer, use heavier weights or go at a faster speed. It is important not to be bored and not to let your workout become too easy.
If you are not sure how to create your own workout plan, or you are unsure of some different exercises, consider hiring a personal trainer. A good personal trainer will work with you and teach you exercises and routines that you can do to see the results you are after.
Making exercise a part of your lifestyle will give you more energy, as well as many other benefits you are sure to enjoy. It raises your confidence and can even help you fit into a smaller pants size. Use the information presented here and being your fitness journey today.
After your baby is born, you will naturally want to spend a lot of time with this newest and most adorable member of your family. In the back of your mind, you’ll probably also be wishing for your pre-baby body! Happily, new mothers can have the best of both worlds. You can spend lots of time with your new baby and get back in shape. Here’s how:
1. Before your baby is born, discuss a post baby fitness plan with your doctor or obstetrician. Of course, you’re sure to know that you should have been doing some light exercise before and throughout your pregnancy. Usually, you can simply continue with the exercises you have been doing as soon as you feel able and add new forms of exercise gradually. Ask your doctor how long you should wait before resuming exercise. Follow your doctor’s advice on the safest and most effective exercises to add.
2. One form of exercise that many new mothers find very helpful is yoga. There are many excellent yoga workouts available on DVD that are designed for participation by both mother and baby. By using these types of ” baby and me” style yoga workouts, new mothers can gain strength and flexibility while spending quality time with the new baby!
3. Of course your post-pregnancy tummy will probably be an area of great concern. Don’t hurt yourself trying to do vigorous abdominal exercises. Gentle abdominal exercises such as slight leg lifts, gentle knee bends, or simply lifting your chin toward the ceiling while lying flat on your back (even in bed!) can do a great deal to strengthen and tone your abdomen. Any exercise that you do for your back will automatically strengthen and tone your tummy, so doing a light weight workout with dumbbells that focuses on back muscles will help to tone your abdomen. You can do this while watching television or bouncing your baby in a bouncy seat!
4. Of course, you will surely want to show off your new baby, and nothing can be better for that than a good stroller. It’s a good idea to invest in a running stroller so that as you become more and more fit, you can gradually take up jogging with baby and running with baby. Modern jogging and running strollers have all kinds of fancy conveniences such as a special receptacle for your water bottle, compatibility with whatever sort of music software you carry and exciting and interesting toys for baby. You and your baby can spend many happy hours enjoying a well designed and high quality running stroller.
5. As your baby grows older, you’ll have more and more opportunities to exercise together. You can be proud of yourself for having set an example that places your baby securely on the path to lifelong fitness . In addition to “baby and me” style yoga, there are many other types of exercise that mothers and babies can do together. You can add mother and baby workout DVDs to your collection and/or check your local community center listings for mother and baby exercise classes that will provide both of you the opportunity to stay fit together while socializing with other moms and babies.
By beginning a habit of exercise before and during pregnancy, it will be much easier for you to retain and regain your pre-baby figure. When you seek out forms of exercise that include your baby, you’ll be able to make the most of the time you have to spend with your baby and the time you have to spend on your body. Additionally, by exercising with your baby, you will teach your baby how to be fit, strong and active for life.
Many people like to start the New Year with a new exercise and fitness program. You should start this before the winter holidays even begin. With cooler weather and shorter days there is a great temptation to stay inside, sit on the couch, and gain weight. By starting a fitness program before the holidays you can avoid the typical weight gain that people have during the holiday.
Working out in cool weather has many benefits. It can be invigorating to walk outside in brisk weather. It increases the benefits of your workout by increasing your metabolism by working hard to keep you warm. You burn more calories in cooler weather by burning more energy more quickly. You should be careful to stay hydrated when working out in cold weather as the body gives more subtle clues because you aren’t sweating as much.
The winter can give you a chance to try out an unconventional exercise. You could take up cross-country skiing or winter mountain climbing. You can join a mall walking organization and walk inside. You can take up ice skating or even go sledding with your kids. This will help to vary your workouts and keep them interesting. The more interesting your workouts are to you the more likely you will be to stick with them.
The winter time is also a good time to set up that treadmill that’s been in your closet for ten years. Set it up in front of the television and use that time to improve your health and fitness. By watching television as you work out you will keep your mind more entertained and make walking on a treadmill a much more enjoyable past time.
You should make use of every opportunity to exercise. Park your car farther from the entrance to the store or your place of employment and walk those extra steps. You can use the stairs instead of the elevator. Never waste an opportunity to walk a few more steps. All those extra steps will add up to extra pounds being shed.
You should set up a system of rewards to encourage yourself to stay motivated and to continue with your fitness regime. Your rewards can be things like a one-hour massage or a brand new outfit. Set your goals and reward yourself when you achieve them. This will help you to continue your routine for years to come.
You should give your program at least a month before changing it. Some fitness programs can start slowly and then kick in. Within a month you should start seeing results from your fitness program. If you change before a month you could set yourself back and that can discourage you. When you are discouraged you will be even less likely to exercise.
You can throw away the resolution to lose weight this New Year’s that everyone uses. By starting and sticking to your fitness program before and during the holidays you will start the year with a svelte and healthy body.