Scientists at UCLA and Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science have discovered a possible method by which cancer cells and dying cells communicate with nearby normal nerve cells without being physically connected to them. Normal communication is done by chemical, hormonal or other …
Depressive illness is such a physically and socially debilitating condition. It restricts you from doing the normal day-to-day activities and jeopardizes your work, friendships and how you deal with others.
The National Institute of Mental Health reports that more than 11.6 million Americans are suffering from depression. More specifically, clinical depression. According to the latest research findings, early symptoms of depression should be dealt with immediately with appropriate treatment.
Otherwise, major depression sets in and may result to other cardiovascular complications such as heart disease.
Let us first review the various symptoms manifested by people and their relative causes to fully delineate the path of its origin and occurrence from a more clinical viewpoint.
Again, depression is a psychoneurotic illness where patients manifest some or all of the following symptoms: sadness, sudden decrease or increase in appetite, concentration difficulty, inactivity, and hyperactivity (manic depression), feeling of rejection and setting in the idea of committing suicide.
To understand better how depression works in the human body and its possible adverse effects, it is better to know some of the essential scientific and physiological basis of this rather unusual condition.
Physiology of Depression and its Causes
Clinical depression is basically a neurological condition. It is caused by an imbalance of hormones present in the body, which is in that case, produced by the brain itself.
Hormones are small biologically active molecules that direct the function of other organs. They are responsible for the direct physiological activity and characteristic behavior of a person through various social and environmental circumstances.
Imbalance in the hormone levels in blood serum can cause a massive effect on your state of emotional health. This sudden increase or decrease of these chemical messengers may cause you to become overly excited over any situation (manic depression) or may feel very low to the point of becoming apathetic, and choose not to respond to their everyday needs.
Some evidence points to a genetic cause of depressive illness, although not fully confirmed.
Most individuals who manifest genetic predisposition do not outwardly exhibit such illness. It is found that all people can develop this condition if triggered by appropriate environmental factors.
The of physical effects of depressive illness depends on the severity of the depression you are experiencing. For people with mild depression (dysthymia), it may last for months or even years and individuals who do not get proper and individualized medical treatment may progress into a severe depression.
Read more at http://www.articlealley.com/article_23162_23.html?ktrack=kcplink
By: Lauralee Lemons
Date Taken: 2008-03-10 13:43:52
Owner: Coventry City Council
As a men, we should not only pay attention to job, but also a health plan. Here we give some useful suggestion to you, let’s do it now!.
1. Physically fit: Do you dream of a Schwarzenegger-like robust? If you like a old fellow, then how a woman will love you? You should pay attention to your muscles from now on, do more strength exercise and make you really strong.
2. Brave: Do not think that physical health is enough. In the pressureful century, truly healthy man should have do not afraid of anything, to be calm when meeting problems. Use some time to thinking a lot, can increase your stress resistance.
3. Hug: Hug to your own love often. So that you can feel can not divide each other and be safe, your mind will secrete a “OT” hormones, this do a lot to calm your mood and keep away from diseases.
4. Health consultation: Failure of the body parts sometimes can with no warning, do not believe that you will not need to do inspection if you feel healthy. Go to see a doctor periodical and make your own assessment of the body.
5. Sports: Though we always talked about sporting, you may do it not so well. Remember your health is of your own, exercise is that you have the most effective way to health. Even a half hour jog in new running shoes every morning for a little while, or play football during weekend with your new Hockey jersey, wearing a piece of new jersey will make you feel better.
6. Food: Nutritionists say that food must come revolution first if a men want to keep fit. Treat stomach as a grocery store that can accommodate all, I am afraid your body will become vulnerable in a long time. Proper eating habits every day to ensure the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, fish, lean meat and a variety of nuts, do not drink a lot.
7. Body language: Body language is a invisible indexes, Now please start attach to it. Because a decent and generous manner will show the beauty of a healthy inside out. On the contrary, it is incredible to believe you a healthy men if have vulgar gestures.
8. Release: Keep a little while relax no matter how busy you are. Self-release is the “magic weapon” of releasing pressure. Do not wait until the body can be due to too much debt, everything had a rude awakening. Relax in certain, every Monday days, or set aside a few hours a day.
9. Memories: Keep good memories in mind and recall it when you feel not so good, it also will do great to make yourself better.
10. Trip: Must not on the excuse of busy job. With a flying heart, visit the wild mountains of light water features. Give some place to totally released, to enjoy true health.
Date Taken: 2009-06-21 05:29:48
Despite the numerous “remedies” available in drug stores, pharmacies and online stores, hair loss is a health problem difficult to overcome – not only physically but also psychologically. If you doubt wake up to find my pillow covered with hair, signs of the time the too obvious and many people begin their general health and fitness.
Hair Loss Losing your hair can be hereditary, but genetics can be controlled to a certainDegree. Inevitably, the hair loss in men and women is closely linked to the health of the scalp. The skin naturally produces an oily substance called sebum, which for the production of which have an effect on people’s health and accelerate hair loss. The body produces sebum sometimes too, usually because of stress or a diet that is high in animal fats.
Another factor of losing your hair is bad blood. Since the head is the highest point ofBody, is also the most difficult for the body to supply blood. This may be aggravated by stress, as this causes the scalp arteries, making it difficult for nutrients important to the follicles in force.
While most of us with a certain degree of stress in our lives, there are ways to prevent from becoming a barrier to health – and thus reduce its effect on hair. Ensure that regular exercise, adequate sleep each night, with ahealthy diet and relaxation techniques like yoga can contribute to the negative effects of stress.
Stress is considered one of the main reasons for losing hair, and is particularly related to issues of human health. Men who suffer from stress are often a shortage of B vitamins, so foods such as whole grains, oily fish , yeast extracts (like Marmite), peas, can natural yoghurt, eggs and milk contribute to improve these shortcomings.
Of course,Alternative methods can also be used both to reduce stress and address the problem of hair loss. An old traditional method is to massage the scalp with water, rosemary, and aims to strengthen the scalp and alleviate dandruff, which is aggravating in itself, problems with hair loss. Licorice also appears to help thicken hair and may also prevent losing hair.
Another enemy of hair growth and retention is a substance, as is well known that testosterone and DHT, if the mixSebum secreted from the scalp. Once formed, DHT causes hair follicles to collapse and eventually die. This type of hair loss known as androgenetic alopecia. There are several drugs available that can help this type of hair loss and doctors sometimes a combination of beta-sitosterol and write this type of hair loss Saw Palmetto to help increase.
As with most treatments, before symptoms recognized and treated, the better the chance of improvement. MaleHair loss is not reversible, especially to lose their hair when in men of the family together, but their development is through the use of herbs and prevent healthy lifestyles.
By: Ramiro Junior
Does your dating relationship have the aspect of physical health and well being that it should? Are you one of the dating professionals who have the knowledge of what makes up a good physically healthy dating relationship?
One obvious sign of a good physical dating relationship is that you both honor and respect each other’s wishes of personal space. If either you or your partner do not want to move further into a physically intimate relationship, then you both definitely need to respect each other’s wishes. Never force yourself physically onto your partner. It’s a violation of basic human rights.
Another sign of a good physical dating relationship is that you have good communication skills. Now, this article is not discussing the emotional and mental aspects of good communication, but the physical part. For example, you need to have good skills in regard to tone of voice when you communicate with your partner. You should not yell at your partner. Of course, it is easy for all of us to lose our tempers and argue with and shout at our partner; no one is perfect. However, we should learn to argue in a good way and keep our voice down. When we can converse with an even and low-key tone while discussing conflicts, our words and perspectives carry more weight with our partner. Our partner will be more apt to want to work with us in coming to a resolution of certain conflicts in the relationship. Having a relationship, where you both yell at each other and argue all the time will cause you physical stress. Having such stress in your life is not good for your personal and relational health and well-being.
Having a physically healthy relationship also means that you are interested in having physically healthy lives; you want to eat healthy foods, and exercise and are interested in living a healthy lifestyle. As a dating professional, you will work together with your partner to find healthy dates and eat a healthy diet while you are together and alone; you will work together to create exercise plans that work well for each of you individually and as a couple. Exercising together can be a good bonding activity for you in your dating relationship and you both will have fun while getting healthy.
Every aspect of your lives together affects you and your partner. You need to always be conscious of this fact and work together to live in a physically healthy environment.
By: Allan Tan